Update February 2023: we're swamped! Consignment applications are temporarily closed. If you're interested in a wholesale relationship, send us your wholesale line sheet at email@example.com.
We love showcasing Maine makers in our market! You don't have to be a full-time professional artist producing vast quantities in order to be part of our collection. If your work is a hobby or a side hustle, we want to hear from you, too.
What's in it for you? We run a retail shopfront so you don't have to. We keep the store organized, clean, and safe so that shoppers can see what you've made up close. We get to know your work so we can answer customer questions about how it's made, how to use it, how to take care of it, and where to find more of it. We work tirelessly to provide an inviting and welcoming retail experience for all. Plus, we do all of the setup and takedown and pay all of the credit card processing fees. If you've ever wished you had more time and energy for exhibiting at craft fairs, Handiwork is the next best thing to cloning yourself.
Here's what you need to know about selling your work at Handiwork:
- Our market collection is a curated mix of useful, beautiful, and unique goods. Hopefully, your work will fulfill at least one if not all of those criteria.
We prioritize the work of makers who have historically been excluded in the arts and elsewhere. Creators who identify as part of a group that has been oppressed due to their race/ethnicity, socioeconomic status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, geography, citizenship status, or religion are especially welcome and encouraged to contact us.
- We prioritize work that makes use of reclaimed, recycled, or otherwise more sustainable materials to minimize waste. We do our best to avoid the use of plastic in packaging, and we ask that our makers will too.
- Locally made goods are sold on consignment. Creators set their own prices and keep 60%.
- There are many reasons why we might not be able to take on a new product, including but not limited to space constraints, similar goods already in stock, and customer demand. Thank you for understanding that we can't say yes to every inquiry. It takes guts to put yourself out there as a maker and invite others to look at your work, and we respect your effort in showing up, even if we can't take your work on right now. Rock on.
- Our selection team reviews every submission; if your work seems like a good fit for our market, we'll be in touch with next steps. This might take a while. Thanks for your patience.
If this all sounds good to you, use the form below to get started. Prefer wholesale terms? Email us.