We're excited to showcase Maine makers in our market! You don't have to be a full-time professional artist producing vast quantities in order to be part of our collection. If your work is a hobby or a side hustle, we want to hear from you, too.
If you're interested in having your work sold at Handiwork, here's what you need to know:
- Our market collection is a curated mix of useful, beautiful, and unique goods. Hopefully, your work will fulfill at least one if not all of those criteria.
- We prioritize the work of makers who have historically been underrepresented in the arts and elsewhere. Creators who identify as part of a group that has been oppressed due to their race/ethnicity, socioeconomic status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, geography, citizenship status, or religion are especially welcome and encouraged to contact us.
- We prioritize work that makes use of reclaimed, recycled, or otherwise more sustainable materials to minimize waste.
- Locally made goods are sold on consignment. Creators set their own prices and keep 60%.
- There are many reasons why we might not be able to take on a new product, including but not limited to space constraints, similar goods already in stock, and customer demand. Thank you for understanding that we can't say yes to every inquiry.
- Our selection team reviews every submission; if your work seems like a good fit for our market, we'll be in touch with next steps.
If this all sounds good to you, use the form below to get started. If you don't have a website, that's ok! Send us an email instead with photos of your work, a brief description of yourself and your process, and information about your pricing.