private studio sessions
Our colorful, comfortable studio is the perfect setting for your next friends' night out.
We can provide a crafty activity for you and your friends *or* you can all bring your current WIPs *or* you can make absolutely nothing but laugh lines and memories while you're here. That's up to you!
Groups can use the studio for crafting together (mending, knitting, crochet, embroidery, cross stitch, slow stitching, origami, collage, jewelry making, punch needle, card making, felting, macrame, paper flower making, and so much more) but also for:
- Book discussions
- Cookie swaps
- Clothing swaps
- Trad music sessions
- Practicing social skills stunted by two years of pandemic
- Sitting down for more than 5 minutes without anyone asking you for anything
Here's how it works:
- Private studio sessions at Handiwork can be scheduled on weekday afternoons 1-4 PM or evenings 5-8 PM. Weekend slots might be available when classes aren't scheduled.
- The reservation fee of $80 includes use of our tables, chairs, project lamps, and basic tools (scissors, cutting mats, irons and ironing boards, etc.), plus our utility sink and our ADA accessible restroom.
- Craft kits and/or private instruction are available for an additional fee.
- The work room can comfortably accommodate a group of 4-6 people working at individual tables or 8-12 people sharing tables.
- If all of your guests are fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19, you can unmask in the studio and you're welcome to bring your own snacks.
Let's discuss your options! Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org to get the party started.